Associate Manager, Programs and Facilities
To apply, please submit:
• Cover Letter
• Three References
Submit Applications to: Jflibraryfoundationsearch76@gmail.com
Application deadlines: We are seeking to fill this position in the coming weeks. Candidates are asked to submit their material as soon as possible.
The Associate Manager for Programs & Facilities reports directly to the Executive Director in support of the overall mission of the Johann Fust Library Foundation. The Foundation’s mission covers two areas: to maintain and preserve the library’s historic buildings and gardens and to provide a literary and cultural center for the residents and visitors of Boca Grande. This position will be accountable for providing support and problem solving and working with contractors/vendors for the care and maintenance of the property. The Associate Manager will also support the Executive Director with communications, materials, and events that engage the Board of Directors, the donors, and our community. Additionally, to fulfill the mission, this role collaborates with others who are directly connected to the Library Foundation, including the library staff; the Boca Grande Community Center; and local and Lee County government agencies. Special projects may be assigned by the Executive Director and/or Board President in support of the organization’s goals. An example could include learning and helping to implement a new donor database.
• Act as the first line of communication and contact for all maintenance and property management activities, including but not limited to cleaners, gardeners, and landscaping.
• Identify issues related to maintenance of the property and develop plans with Executive Director for resolving them in a timely fashion.
• Assist the Executive Director with producing a broad array of promotional, marketing, and communication materials for the organization across print and digital platforms.
• Manage the timeline of marketing and communication strategies, ranging from eblasts and social media postings to print mailings and distribution of materials.
• Assist the Executive Director with the planning, preparation, and placement of original public relations content such as press releases and articles, direct email, website updates, and social media posts.
• Prepare posters, flyers, programs, brochures, and other print materials.
• Support the coordination of program and event logistics, which includes scheduling, ticketing, audio visual, and working with venues related to programs and events.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with our donors and interface with the Resource Development Committee to implement donor communication strategies.
• Maintain positive working relationships with the staff of the library, Lee County, and key non-profit organizations.
• Along with the Volunteer Committee of the Board, develop and implement a comprehensive Docent volunteer program.
• Represent the organization in various settings, programs, and events, always promoting the Foundation in a positive and gracious manner.
• Assist with monthly board meeting materials and communications with directors and committee chairs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• A passion for the Foundation’s mission, the organization’s commitment to its donors and the community, along with an appreciation for literature.
• 1- 2 years of high-level customer/client service and relationship-building skills, focused on donors, patrons, and board members.
• 1-2 years developing above-average skills in building and maintaining databases. Experience with donor databases is a plus.
• Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills; strong editing and proofreading skills are essential.
• The ability to collaborate with donors, authors, community partners, and county library staff in a positive manner is critical to ensuring the fulfillment of the Library Foundation’s mission.
• Proficiency in Adobe (Photoshop and InDesign).
• Ability to handle sensitive information with diplomacy and discretion.
• Demonstrated skills in managing multiple priorities and time-sensitive deadlines, along with organizational and project-planning skills.
• An understanding of basic financial reporting, with Quick Books knowledge a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
• Available to work occasional weekends and evenings in support of fundraising events.
• Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience.
The Johann Fust Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, guests, volunteers, and members of our community.
Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills using the English language. Demonstrates the ability to: read, analyze, and interpret documents; respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints; communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization; manage donor communications professionally and with respect; know when to escalate issues to upper management, and communicate to various contractors and suppliers in a simple and timely manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The physical nature of preparing for Library Foundation programs makes it necessary at times to lift at least fifty pounds and assist with the setup of chairs and canopies. Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination, enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive, and the job itself is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Position description created & approved by Executive Director on June 15, 2022.